Chipboards are multi-layer boards that are made of pressed, glued residual wood or fresh wood chips. They generally consist of 3 layers, whereby finer chips are used for the outer layers, especially if the boards are coated in the next step, such as for the production of furniture.
Chipboard is available in the versions P1 - P7, classified according to their suitability for use exclusively in dry areas or also in damp areas, as well as for use as a load-bearing component, taking into account the static requirements.
- P1 Dry area / light panelling / non-load-bearing
- P2 Dry area / furniture and interior fittings / non-load-bearing
- P3 Damp area / non-load-bearing
- P4 Dry area / load-bearing
- P5 Damp area / load-bearing
- P6 Dry area / load-bearing-high load-bearing
- P7 Damp area / load-bearing-high-load-bearing
HOBATEX offers chipboard in the P2-P7 versions for use in furniture, trade fair and shop construction, interior fittings, etc.
We also offer an extensive range of decors - so there are no limits to your individual design needs.
- Furniture construction
- Wood and interior construction (exterior panelling; elements for walls, ceilings and roof formwork)
- Trade fair and shop construction
Advantages in application
- Inexpensive wood material
- Easy processing
- Extremely versatile surfaces and decors
- 5,600 mm x 2,070 mm
- 4,100 mm x 2,070 mm
- 2,800 mm x 2,070 mm
- Fixed dimensions / cut-to-size / finished dimensions
- Raw, melamine coated and veneered
- Available in the versions P2; P3; P4; P5; P6; P7
- Thicknesses from 3 mm to 80 mm
- Custom thicknesses and formats possible
- DIN standard EN 312
Please also inform yourself about our chipboards of the version P1 for packaging solutions.