OSB panels (oriented strand board) are high-performance wood materials in terms of load-bearing capacity and bending strength. The waterproof glued multi-layer boards are made from long, slender chips (strands). The chips, cut lengthwise from debarked roundwood, are dried, glued and spread crosswise in three layers. This special pitch and arranging process gives the board its distinctive look. The OSB panels are then produced at high temperatures under great pressure. The densities of OSB panels are around 600-700 kg/m³.
We offer OSB panels in the following qualities:
- OSB/2: Dry area / load-bearing
- OSB/3: Damp area / load-bearing
- OSB/4: Damp area / load-bearing / high-load-bearing
OSB panels from HOBATEX are waterproof and glued without formaldehyde.
For the application areas of furniture, interior construction, etc., you can obtain OSB panels from HOBATEX in the versions OSB/4.
- Furniture construction
- Interior construction / shell construction (wall, roof and ceiling panelling; laying board for flooring; as a decorative visible element for roof extensions and facades)
- Can be used as an alternative to parquet flooring
- Use in damp areas thanks to high water vapour diffusion resistance
- High-quality packaging material
- (Concrete) formwork
Advantages in application
- High durability and resistance
- Higher load-bearing capacity than chipboard
- High bending strength
- Distinctive appearance
- Inexpensive alternative to plywood
- Standard panels e.g. 2500 mm x 1250 mm or 2440 mm x 1220 mm
- Fixed dimensions or cut to size according to your specifications
- Product type OSB/4
- As laying boards with tongue and groove
- Thicknesses from 6 mm to 40 mm
- Custom thicknesses and formats possible
- DIN EN 300
Also find out about our OSB panels in the OSB/2 and OSB/3 versions for packaging solutions.